Thursday, September 14, 2023

Poor Blue Jay


I went for my bike ride today and as I was climbing a hill slowly, I happened to see this Blue Jay lying by the side of the road.  I thought "what a beautiful bird" and kept riding.  Then I stopped and went back to where the bird was lying.  I decided to photograph it because I have not been this close to a Blue Jay before.  I am amazed at what beautiful coloring this Jay has.  I am guessing it was hit by a car because the bird had no injuries that I could see. 


This is a cropped image so you can see more detail in the different kinds of feathers covering the Jay. There is so much incredible detail in the Jay's covering!  Be sure to click on the picture to enlarge it and see more detail.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the close-up shot. They are beautiful birds, but their personality does not go along with their looks.
Joan

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful birds but too squawky and noisy for me. Betsey