Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Gingerbread Men (Women)


It's that time of year! Gingerbread men for the Cookie Project! The Cookie Project? Since I was a kid, my mom would make a whole bunch of different kinds of Christmas cookies for the whole family. When she was about 85, she said it was difficult for her, because of the arthritis in her hands, to continue to make all the different kinds of cookies. So here's what we did - Kathy and I and my three sisters, and our daughters Liz and Amy, and my sister Joan's kids, Jennifer and Jonathan, and Karen's two kids, Kelsey and Chris, each took one of my mom's recipes and made enough cookies for everyone. Christmas day we do a cookie exchange. My all-time favorite is the gingerbread men, so that's the cookie that I make. Only I made my own cookie cutter, and I make gingerbread women. Makes better use of the dough! So here I am, at the one time of year I get to make gingerbread! Here is the dough rolled out, the rolling pin, the cookie cutter, and the baking sheet, on the kitchen counter, ready to go! Yummm! They are delicious!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Mmmmm, looking good! You know I'm not a fan of eating gingerbread cookies, but I definitely love SMELLING them, yum. These look great!! Gus will be sad to miss the big box o' cookies this year, he ate last year's in about 1.5 days!