Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Most Amazing Bench


I had to photograph some Christmas mantelpiece decorations at an upscale florist. To make the photo more realistic, the owner suggested we go to his home and he would arrange the decorations on the mantle there, which we did. Why am I telling you this? Because, on the way out of the house, I walked across the patio and spotted this amazing bench, made from part of a tree trunk. Isn't it amazing? It has such beautiful form, I decided to show it in black & white. The color image showed some faint color differences in the wood, and some greennish tint from some moss, which I thought was distracting. Black & white just shows the form.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Stunning, what a creation. And your choice to do black and white is spot on.

Midge said...

I just may need a copy of this photo. Very nice!