Saturday, December 1, 2007

Early Morning on a Gray Day


One day last week I had to wake up early for an assignment. Unaccustomed as I am to rising early, I was lying in bed trying to come awake, and noticed the play of light and shadow on the bedroom curtains. I staggered out of bed, went downstairs, and returned with my Canon SD 800 point and shoot, and got back under the covers where it was warm, and then spent the next 5 minutes or so trying to find the best composition. It is amazing what kind of photographs we can find in the very familiar in our lives.

2 comments:

Amy said...

So true. The beauty in what's familiar to us is seen so much more easily by other people, so it's great when you can recognize it yourself.

Anonymous said...

it's interesting how intimate this photograph is, not because it was shot in the bedroom but because of how you cropped it. very nice.