Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Mystery


This makes me crazy. I have labeled the photo "colonnade" but I am not sure this structure is one. I took this photo at Old Westbury Gardens, and I have two books about the gardens, and the PR Director's phone number. I can't find the books, and it is after 1:30 in the morning and it is a bit late for me to call her! I was here to photograph the gardeners making Christmas decorations for the main house, and when leaving spotted this as I drove past. It stopped me in my tracks! Isn't this just lovely? The combination of the beautiful architecture and trees in late fall has that wonderful feeling of a faded beauty which I love so well.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Stunning. Those hanging branches make it look like something at a Plantation House in the South...on a very cold day.