Monday, December 10, 2007

Shooting in the Fog


As I drove by a golf course this morning I caught sight of trees disappearing in the fog. I immediately stopped because fog usually offers a good chance at an interesting picture. For me, the thing that makes fog photographs most interesting is to be close to a nearby object, and then to have other objects behind, become fainter and fainter as they receded into the distance. I don't quite have that here, but there is enough of that effect to make the tree in the foreground more interesting because of the faint images in the background.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love it. And when you click you can see the faded ones behind it better. How peaceful and quiet it must have been there. Until you get knocked in the head with a golf ball.

Ken Spencer said...

You are SO funny! No one was playing golf in the fog! But I may have missed another kind of shot... After a while, a golf cart approached with two men in it, and I said "Hi" and they asked if I was a photographer, and I explained that the scene was so beautiful that I had to stop and photograph it. They were really nice and it was no problem being there. We chatted for a few minutes, then they drove off. AFTER they left, I thought how cool it would have been to ask them to maybe walk out on to the golf course, and bend over to pick up some stuff, real or imagined. It would have been an entirely different photo, AND it might have been much more interesting. Nothing I could use for the paper. of course, because if I ask someone to do something, then I am not photographing "reality." Interesting thought, and I am sorry I missed the opportinity to try something different.