Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Didn't Have Time to Stop


I was on the way to photograph a doctor on Friday morning, and had left the house to get there on time. But then I drove by one of my favorite scenes down at the water. It was misty in the rain, with fog in the background, and there was snow everywhere. I was dying to pull over and make a photo, but with snow along the roadways, it would have taken 15 minutes to park safely, and walk to where I could shoot the photograph. It killed me, but I kept driving! So today, late, it was raining lightly, and I thought I would go back and see how the scene looked. It was not what it was the other day, but it had a different quality, which I thought was worth capturing. Does it look cold and damp and miserable out? It sure was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks like an island where people CAN stop and read or just enjoy nature w/o rat race distractions. i'd love to sit on the bench, read, think and look around!

Anonymous said...

i can feel the chill but wish i had been there too, though in the nice warm car, not sitting on the bench!

Amy said...

Ooh, creepy. it looks cold and foggy and snowy and gray. But you need those days sometimes so you can be grateful for the warm, cozy shelter and the lovely wife waiting for you at home.