Tuesday, December 4, 2007

End of the Line


I was on the way home after my last assignment today, and realized that I hadn't seen anything worth shooting for the blog. I thought I would use an older photograph, and then I caught a glimplse of the sky. It was pretty spectacular with the grey overcast with breaks near the horizon, as seen through the clear cold air. The closer I got to home the better it got as the light continued to fade. I was shooting through the windshield with my Canon SD800, and when I came to these red lights with the power poles on either side, I realized I had something. I'm not sure what, of course, but the "something" I feel that I feel when I have seen a complete photograph, and not just a fragment of a photograph.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great picture, would love to have seen the contrast with other pictures where the light is green and then yellow.

Amy said...

cool point by the other poster. but i will say, you definitely have something. it stopped me in my tracks when i opened your page, i knew instantly that i loved it. -Amy

Ken Spencer said...

When the light changed from red to green I shot one picture, before driving away. The green looks the same color as the sky, and you hardly notice the lights at all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explanation - the red fits in better with the overall dark menacing sky - I look at it and keep waiting for the bolt of lightning. A wonderful shot.