Monday, December 17, 2007

A Most Amazing Morning


I have been doing portraits of people who were interviewed about what kind of advice they would offer to people. This is the pastor of a church, and from the moment I walked in the door, we started gently talking and listening to each other, and it went on for an hour! It is hard to remember all the subjects we talked about, but it had to do with the meaning of life and stuff like that... He feels that the best advice he can give to people is to minimize and make life more simple... put things aside, and explore and make your life lighter more purposeful and meaningful. About his work as a pastor he told me that his mentor told him: "ministry is in the interruptions." I am reminded on days like this, that this is why I love my work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great foto cuz u can see him thinking, which is hard to show. almost like rodin's thinker.

Anonymous said...

k - does the shot have more of the lite from above, coming out of the window, lighting part of the pews? post it!

Amy said...

Yes, captured well, like you can see into his mind and heart. And I love that quote about "ministry is in the interruptions." Looking at him, I get the feeling that if I popped in to interrupt and ask for help, he'd be very kind about it.