Saturday, December 15, 2007

This Place Needs a Face


I have been looking back at a lot of my posts, and it feels as if they are starting to look the same. So for somthing different, here's a face. I am mindful when shooting picture stories or photo essays, that I need to vary the scale from distant shots, to medium shots to close ups, so that there will be more visual variety. So now I have done that here. This is a quick shot I did of one of the models while waiting for two other girls for a group shot. She was leaning against this column, and the light was just right, and she happened to look down, and I said "Don't move!" and I got my camera and did four frames. She is actually wearing a dark blue dress, but it hardly shows in this small image. I have intentionally kept the image dark, I love the monochromatic tone of the photograph, but most of all, I love the mood of the image.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To use a technical term, very cool.
I expect a Woody Allen movie to break out.