Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Seagull Guy


Oh man! I nearly forgot to post tonight! It's 2 AM and I have been working on printing photographic cards all night as a gift for my mom, and baking more gingerbread men (women) and I was headed to bed and just remembered I hadn't done the blog. Duh! Anyhow, you saw the children's playground the other day - the spaceship kind of thing. After I photographed that I turned around and saw this cloud of seagulls down low, and a man standing amongst them. I put a long lens on the camera and started moving toward him and the gulls. I managed to get this shot before he was finished feeding them from his hand to the birds in flight. I asked his name, because I thought it would make a nice shot for the paper, and he told me he comes here every day to feed them, and they recognize his truck and come to be fed. He also asked if I had seen any of the Ospreys that live near there, and told me that he had been responsible for putting up poles for Osprey nests out in the marsh. Oh, the paper didn't use the photo...

No comments: