Saturday, April 4, 2009

Old Timer


On the way to the bagel store this morning I saw this tractor flash by out of the corner of my eye. I went back later in the afternoon to photograph it. I spent about 20 minutes trying all angles. Just as I was leaving, the owner came by in his truck and asked if I liked it. I told him I loved old machinery and old buildings, among other things. He told me that this is a 1943 John Deere tractor, which means it is one year younger than I am! He said he has another tractor which he spent three and a half years restoring, and it looks as if it just came from the factory. What is wonderful about this machine is the simplicity of its design. It is simple, rugged, and easy to repair and maintain. I am sure it gave long service to its owners over the years.

No comments: