Wednesday, April 29, 2009

One of These Days...


"One of these days..." is what I have told myself all winter long when I would drive by this tree and this scene. The problem is that it is a busy road with not much room to pull off, and cars come by here fast. So I worried about safety. Tonight I was looking carefully for a safe spot. There were no cars behind me, so I slowed and then saw a spot where I could get the car completely off the road. I wanted to get the shot with no leaves on the trees. I really love this scene - it looks so forbidding, and abandoned. Just to the right of the tree is an old driveway which is no longer in use. There once was a house up that road, and a farm, but now they are gone, and a development has taken their place. Oh, and the thing that really made me stop was the view of the crescent moon through the branches of the tree! There was no way I was going to pass that up!

No comments: