Friday, April 10, 2009

Out of Service


Well, I haven't been riding since Tuesday. I thought I was feeling OK and went for a ride. Bad idea. An apparently pulled muscle in my upper chest reminded me I am not fixed yet. And my new bike hasn't recovered yet either. The stick that jammed in the wheel bent that spoke. I had to cut the spoke in half to get it out of the wheel. I went to three bike shops, but these high-tech bikes being what they are, no one had a spoke in stock - it had to be ordered from California! So here sits my very cool ride on the bike stand, waiting to have the front wheel repaired. And for me to feel better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon!

ken schwarz said...

Even in spite of some personal physical pain, I'll bet you suffered more pain when you initially saw damage to your new high tech bike. Hopefully, you'll both be back to 100% shortly.

Anonymous said...

what's that stuff in the background?p

ken schwarz said...

To answer the question "what's that stuff in the background"? The answer is "stuff", but you should have seen Ken Spencer's garage before he cleaned out a lot of "stuff" in the foreground!

Ken Spencer said...

What's in the background? Hmmmmm... Lesseee... Well, there's books. And more books. And magazines, and lumber. And telescopes. Not sure what else you can see. Maybe there is even another bicycle. But hey, at least the boat is not there...

Andreas Noetzel said...

Hope you've recovered. You were not exactly going at Autobahn speeds but... :-)