Thursday, April 2, 2009

Salad Fixings


I went to the store at the end of the day to get some salad fixings. The display of red peppers jumped out at me from ten feet away! I first thought it would add a wonderful flavor to my rather ordinary green salad made from Romaine lettuce. So I went over to get a pepper, and was taken by the shape and forms of the peppers. It was then that I realized I needed to get one to eat, and one to photograph! It must have taken me ten minutes to pick my subject! I came home and got a big electronic flash unit, a light bank, and set up a background on the dining room table. I realized that I SHOULD have taken a photo of my studio set up - you would find it interesting, no doubt. I am sorry I didn't think of it at the time. The salad was delicious, by the way, and here is the other pepper. You MUST click on this image, to see much better color in a larger image.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, very cool! I love how vibrant looking it is. It looks like an advertising shot. I hope you ate it afterward—good nutrients in bright colored vegetables! :)

Unknown said...

I wish the photo were 3-D so I could take a bite.