Thursday, August 13, 2009

Class Picture


I spent all day at a conference on the History of Astronomy, and it was a great program. It was also historic, in a way, because conferences like this haven't been done for years at the annual Stellafane Convention, but since this is the 400th anniversary of the invention of the telescope, it seemed really important to do something special. During the talks it occurred to me that we should really do a "class photo" but it needed to be done right, with proper preparations, like when they did group photos in the old days. So I arranged 10 chairs on the front driveway, and that way some could sit, some could stand, and some could crouch in the foreground, and in that way we would have a better composition. After the chairs were set up, I quickly grabbed this shot because it looked so strange to see chairs set up like this. The group photo, by the way, is really nice! I am glad we all took the time to do this right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange Photo, but I love the old mansion in the background!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Of COURSE it is strange... Your brother took it... :-)