Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Small and Delicate


We have a beautiful bank of ferns on the small hill in front of the house. I have not taken care of it recently, and this morning it had all kinds of weeds and vines growing in amongst the ferns. It was time for weeding. So I started in, reaching down amongst the ferns to rip out the vines and weeds at their base. When I got to the middle of the ferns, I looked down to see some small and delicate white flowers. They are past their prime, and you can see the two little receptacles with their pedals missing. I thought that these were so pretty, and so small - they are so small they are only about half-an inch across. I was so impressed with their beauty that I got my camera and took photographs... Then I reached deep into the ferns and ripped these little things out of the ground! What a meanie!

1 comment:

Fuzzy said...

Pretty! You see the sacred in the ordinary!