Friday, August 28, 2009

Reach High


"Reach High and You Will Go Far" - that's the title of this painting by the artist "Joshua Sarantitis & PDRMAP" I did a search for that acronym and could not find out what it is. Anyhow, I saw this amazing mural when heading back to the train. Apparently he has painted murals all over Philadelphia, acording to his website. Anyhow, this stopped me in my tracks when I saw it. I took a different route from the museum, than I took to the museum, fortunately, and thus came across this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Philly is the city of murals. They're beautiful and bring color and spirit to a city that has seen better days. Here's a link to some of the other incredible murals in Philly and other artwork. keep in mind the scale of these pieces. Blows me away.
zographos.net/newmuralsindex.htm

Trace said...

This is a wonderful mural!! I like the colors and the message of hope!! Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! Thanks for the link. I had no idea that Philadelphia was known as the city of murals. The ones on the website are stunning! I am SO glad I stumbled across the one I found the other day. It brightened my day to see it!

Anonymous said...

Many of Philly's murals are painted in areas that are in need of revitalization. I think they were painted to offer hope and beauty in places that need both. Next time you go, drive around the outer areas of downtown and look up. You'll be evn more amazed.