Thursday, August 20, 2009

New England History


Here I go again, raving about MASS MoCA. This is a view from outside some of the buildings that make up the museum. This was the former Sprague capacitor plant in North Adams, Mass. I love old factory buildings, and the beauty of this place is that you can see the old buildings inside and out. I decided to present this image in black & white, because it is an architectural photo. Sometimes, when I am trying to show form, then color just gets in the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure what is that attracks me to this photo...the clearity,black and white presentation or just the way my eye is commanded to follow the curve. I find it easy to look at.

Ken Spencer said...

This image is interesting to me as well, and I am not exactly sure either. There are those curving river containment walls, but there is also the foreground buildings at the sides, and the background buildings in the center. I do think, as you do, that the black and white has a lot do do with it. I am going to make a print and put it on the wall, and look at it for a month...

Midge said...

B/W was the way to go with this. Sometimes color gets in the way. I really like this for some reason.