Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Pond


There is a pond down the street from where I lived as a boy, and it was one of the centers of my life. I hadn't been to the pond in probably 50 years. Since I was in town for 4 days, I took some time to visit the pond and see how it has changed. When I was young, my friends and I went here to look for frogs and watch them swim. We were always planning to build some kind of boat or raft to float out on the water, and in the wintertime, the pond, being very shallow, froze easily and everyone went down there to ice skate. What I hadn't planed on were the mosquitos, so I didn't spend that much time there. I grabbed a couple of photos and thought I would come back with bug spray! This is my favorite photo, because of it's complexity. It has the foreground and a background, and the reflection of a cloud as well. I love the richness of all this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photo! I have not been to the pond in years. The pathways down the hill are so overgrown. Maybe I should put on some bug spray and take a walk around! :-)
Joan