Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blue Sky & Cirrus


I love this time of year! But is has been unseasonably cold for the last two weeks, so it was such a relief to have the warm temperatures for today, and forecast for tomorrow. Made it nicer to work outside today. But I did take the time to go look at the water - I gotta' have a picture each day, you know. I do love the beauty of cirrus clouds. They are among the highest clouds of all - they exist way above the freezing level, somewhere around 25,000 feet, and are made up of ice crystals. They are also known, for obvious reasons, as mare's tails.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the focus of the picture was the clouds, but I found the view of the harbor to be more eye catching. The photograph was calming.

Ken Spencer said...

Glad it was calming for you. Heaven knows, we can all use something that calms us these days. Too much going on, always rushing around, never enough time...