Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Corner


I have a freelance job tomorrow, so I needed to do some on-camera flash tests, to make sure everything was working. I took some photos around the house, and then did some pictures of my corner of the living room. You can tell it's my corner, because is is kind of a mess over there by the light in the bookcase... :-( The trick was to use some fill flash, just to lighten the shadows. And the other thing is that the fill light should be much less light than it takes to correctly expose the picture - just enough to fill in the shadows. I was just doing some technical tests, but then realized that it was kind of an interesting shot. So here it is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks warm & cozy and there are windows for the sun to shine through! :-)
Maybe you could clean up some paperwork, but I am sure it is great compared to your basement!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Oh No, you know about the BASEMENT... :-) You are right. No one gets to see the basement... :-)