Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Whitney


I went to the Whitney museum today to see the Georgia O'Keeffe Abstraction show at the Whitney Museum. I went down to the lower level cafe for lunch, and when I came back up the stairs to the main floor, I happened to look up and was astounded to see this ceiling! Once again, this is a place I have been a whole bunch of times and I don't recall seeing this ceiling. I am sure I have, but it never jumped out at me as it did today. I took a couple of pictures, and while I was thinking that the ceiling lights were so cool, someone walked up the stairs past me, and I shot again as they were silhouetted against the lights. I stood on the stairs for about five minutes, and waited for others to pass me, and continued to shoot silhouettes. But the first one was best, and this is it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you noticing more because you are retired and can "stop to smell the roses"? You seem to be on the move constantly! :-)
Great shot!
Joan

Midge said...

Oooooo, looks like lots of eye balls!