Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Worshiping TV?


While moving the ladder today I was temporarily blinded by the reflection of the sun from the new TV antenna I installed a month or so ago. The sky was bluer than blue today, and the antenna stood out brilliantly from the sky. So I decided to take a photo of the antenna and its aluminum mast. While looking through the viewfinder, I suddenly saw the cross-shape. It made me start thinking about whether or not we "worship" TV too much. Then, in order to give it some kind of other-worldly feeling, I breathed on the filter on the front of the lens, and quickly shot before the "fog" evaporated. So, OK, I over-did it, but it makes me smile when I look at it, and I will take just a small bit of credit for being a bit more creative.

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

New TV antenna? Geez, I didn't think these old fashion style antennas where made anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw one, let alone a new one.

As for "intentionally" fogging your lens, that's a neat trick. Down here in the humid coastal low country of South Carolina, I'm forever trying to de-fog my camera lens.

Fun shot!

Anonymous said...

I did not know you could buy TV antenna's either. It must be great to not depend on cable TV & monthly charges. Cool shot!
Joan

Unknown said...

Yup, they still sell conventional antennas, for those of us luddites who refuse cable, at least for TeeVee. I still listen to AM radio on a crystal set! :-) Of course we do have Verizon FIOS for telephone and internet.