Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Roof is Finished!


Finally! It's Done! It has taken a year longer than I thought. The first year, in 2005, I started by re-roofing the garage. The next year I did the front half of the house. Last year I did the rear half, but didn't get it all done before winter. So this spring I finished the back, but it was getting warm, and my shoes were starting to tear up the new roof. So I waited until now, and the cooler temperatures, and did the back room, and the bay window over the dining room. So I am done! it was a LOT of work, but I feel really good for having done it, and relief that I am FINALLY finished. It really looks nice, doesn't it? Now I can start building my new telescope - a much smaller project.

4 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Congratulations on a job very well done! With a little luck, you'll be ninety seven before you will need to do the roof, again.

Anonymous said...

Your home and new roof look great....however, I think you should pick a different color and start over again! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You are good. I agree, 'a job well done'.

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! Did you climb onto the roof of your garage to shoot the picture? bsk