Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Day Off


After all my hard work on the house these last few days, I decided to take a day off, and go to the city to see an exhibit of photographs by the South African photographer David Goldblatt at the New Museum. More on that later, but I started my day with a ride on the Long Island Rairoad, which is the easiest way to travel to Manhattan. While waiting for my train, I was looking around, as I always do. I have waited on this platform a billion times (without exaggerating...) and for some reason today, the yellow of the sign telling me I was on the correct platform to get to New York jumped out at me - I think maybe because of the brilliant blue sky. I also loved the curve of the lamp. Anyhow, more photographs from the trip to come. Stay tuned.

No comments: