Tuesday, October 27, 2009

There are days...


There are days when I have to work like a dog to find a photograph for the blog. Then there are days like today! I went to the city again, this time to see the Robert Frank exhibit of photographs at the Met. It was raining lightly when I came out of Penn Station, and I began to see photographs everywhere! It was about all the people with umbrellas, and the wet streets reflecting people and buildings. I had to walk over to Herald Square to take the subway, and I found photographs on 32nd Street. I took the subway to Central Park South, and then walked north along 5th avenue up to 82nd Street. I saw photos everywhere, and I was shooting like a madman! By the time I got to The Metropolitan Museum of Art, I had a camera full of images! This is a new statue at 5th Avenue and Central Park South. It is stunning with it's brilliant color, especially on a rainy day. It is titled: "The Ego and the Id, 2008" by the sculptor Franz West. It is 20 feet tall, and made of welded aluminum. I think you can sit on the little seats, if it is not raining.

1 comment:

Midge said...

The sculpture is interesting but what caught my eye is the path leading into the trees behind. Very nice.