Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Know It's Not Easter

Recently I have been taking a number of classes at night down at church. The classes are actually in the school, and at one end of the parking lot there is a really nice raised garden with grass and boulders, on top of which are three crosses. It is a striking sight. I have known that it is there for a long time, but I never got around to looking at it closely. The most recent classes are three hours long, and fortunately we have a break every hour. So I went out at dusk for a walk, and went over to where the crosses are, and discovered that they make a stunning sight against the sky and lit by a giant mercury vapor lamp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Christians everywhere, three crosses set together like this evoke such a strong emotional response. It's a reminder of the ultimate sacrifice made for us and always leaves me humbled. I pray every day that I'm worthy of this sacrifice and that my time here is spent doing good for others. Thanks for posting.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. I really appreciate your comment reminding us that our time here should be spent doing good for others. It is always good to be reminded of this.