Friday, August 24, 2012

Invisible Cities

There were two major shows at Mass MOCA - one was "O Canada!" and the other was "Invisible Cities." Here are three pieces from the "Cities" exhibit - there were so many creative responses to this theme, and so many different materials used to build these models of cities. I have picked three of the depictions of cities that three artists have created. The fun for me, after being attracted to each of these sculptures, was to find the viewpoint that best represented what the sculpture felt like when I was there. So I took a LOT of photographs of each of these, and it took some time to choose just one to represent each of the sculptures. My hope is that I chose some images that you might find interesting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos. Thank you. Job well done! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Guess we need to make this a point of interest and get there. Thanks!

Ken Spencer said...

You all DO need to get there!

Anonymous said...

Such variety in what the artists chose for their subject of "Invisible Cities". I like the contrast of materials used. Thanks for sharing this. bsk