Monday, January 21, 2013

An Amazing Teacher!

I went to a lecture at a camera club this evening. The featured speaker was Tim Grey, who is an amazing teacher and wonderful presenter. He is an Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom wizard. I mean, he knows EVERYTHING about these applications. That is great but what made the evening so much fun was his manner of presentation - he has a really nice self-deprecating sense of humor, and if you were paying attention there were smiles and laughs every minute. I took pages of notes, and left with a lot more understanding. Oh, and get this - I had written him a couple of years ago, when he happened to mention he was a cyclist, so we had a few minutes to talk about our mutual hobby before the presentation. What a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's unusual for you to provide the last name of your photo subjects, so your comments ignited my curiosity. Where does he apply his knowledge of Photoshop, etc.? Does he use it in his profession or has he become an expert by using it for a hobby?

Ken Spencer said...

INTERESTING observation! You are right, I never include last names! Very observant of you! He has a website: www.timgrey.com You can sign up for a daily newsletter he sends out about Photoshop and Lightroom. He sells books from his website, as well as training videos about both of these applications. He also does photographic workshops and trainings around the world. All of this is his profession - as he told me, "I don't have a real job!"