Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Magic of Light

A couple of things of interest about this photograph. First, it is a color photograph, believe it or not. Second, it was taken guess where... Right, Santa Monica Place - the mall - again! I saw the sunlight reflecting off a strip of polished chrome trim of one of the stores, and had taken a photo or two when I noticed someone walking toward me, and saw the shadow of their legs, and kept shooting. I think I got the right moment. It was fun working with the composition, before the pedestrian showed up, trying to make an interesting abstract photograph of the light and its reflection. The human shadow was the icing on the cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought I was looking at tall columns until I read your post - funny that I didn't see the "legs" right away - Cool photo!! bsk