Thursday, January 24, 2013

Harbor Nightscape

Another walk after sunset, and another different-looking photograph. It is interesting that the timing is critical. If it was earlier, then the sky would be too bright. If it was later in the day, the sky would be darker, and the hill in the distance would blend into the darkness. I didn't plan for the time exactly - I shot one photograph and through the magic of digital photography, I could see the result. I was lucky - it was a good time for this kind of photo. Life is like that sometimes - you end up in the right place at the right time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy you ended up in the right place at the right time! Nice photo.
Joan

Dean said...

Hi Ken-
You are so right about the right moment - I usually find myself waiting for the right balance. Sometimes I don't know if I've caught it until getting the image into the computer... I'm rarely in such a hurry I can't wait for 20 minutes to catch the right moment! -Dean

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Dean: I embarrass myself sometimes by thinking I don't know when the right moment is, OR, that I am not sure of the exact composition. I feel as if I should KNOW at the moment. But I am unsure, so I shoot a number of different images, and then edit on the computer. That seems like cheating. "What if I were shooting 4x5 with a view camera? I would HAVE to get it right the first time."