Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Wonderful Encounter!


OK, so here is a GREAT story!  I went down to the harbor late in the day because I had seen that ice had formed due to the cold weather.  There was a mom there with her young daughter and we started talking while I was taking pictures of the ice.  Her daughter was gathering up thick chunks of ice and snow, and piling them up on the edge of the boat ramp. She was really having a good time.  Then she brought this piece of ice which was very thin and handed it to her mom, who held it up to the sun and remarked how beautiful it was.  I immediately asked if she could hold it up for a picture, and she was very patient, and I shot this a few different ways before coming up with this photo.  Something wonderfully mystical about it, I think.  I think this is one of my best photographs in a while!



6 comments:

Photodude Images said...

Very cool colors and backlighting.

ken schwarz said...

5455953A very cool photo, indeed. It is fun to arrange and create an interesting photograph much like an artist arranging objects for a still life painting. Today's blog post is quite different from yesterday's great photo, which is special because it captured a moment in time.

Unknown said...

dude!! i love it!!! such a great moment..so glad to share it with you!!!!! would love a copy to frame

Anonymous said...

Love this! Very cool photo! bsk

Anonymous said...

fantastic pic!!!

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for the kind words. I think this is one of my best photographs in the last 12 months. And I owe it all to the young girl who found the ice and gave it to her mom, who was so kind to stand there holding it up for a while... :-) Nice that we can all help each other in ways large and small, as we go through life.