Friday, January 24, 2014

"The Refusal of Time"


I went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art yesterday to see an exhibit of photographs called "Everyday Ephipanies." Then I figured I would just wander around and see what else I might stumble across.  I wandered in to see a five channel video installation called "The Refusal of Time."  It was crazy wonderful.  There were five video projectors displaying moving images on three walls in a room, with an amazing, strange soundtrack.  In the middle of the room was a wood and metal "breathing machine" which is impossible to describe.  In this photograph, there are silhouettes projected on the wall, moving around the room, which is part of the exhibit, and two visitors, also seen as silhouettes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting photo and intriguing title. I'm not sure what it exactly means but it's thought provoking. What a wonderful museum. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Trace. The thing about the Metropolitan Museum of Art is that you can go there to see something specific, or you can just wander around and stumble across amazing things in every room.