Wednesday, January 22, 2014

It is About the Shadows


First thing I had to do this morning was shovel the driveway.  I felt that I didn't have time to look for pictures until I got the work done.  Then I went looking for a pretty picture in the snow.  In the Fall, Kathy asked if I wanted her to leave these stalks standing, when she was cleaning the garden.  I said "yes" because they are fascinating to me.  But the stalks alone are not enough - it was the dark shadows of the trees curving down the small hill in the background that made this special. I think in this case, the picture is really about the background.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange shadows. They look like they are from overhead wires rather than trees. ???? Pretty with dried stalks agains the snow. Kathy was preparing for a photo op!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

They actually are thin tree trunks - there are no wires in the back yard. I don't know why these stalks interest me so much, but they really do.