Sunday, January 12, 2014

Poor Mouse, In The House...


Poor mouse.  It came in our house.  It didn't know that two kitties live here.  I feel badly for this poor mouse, though.  It is so cute, isn't it?  I am not sure if it is a field mouse or not, come in from outside because of the cold weather. The funny part is how I came to discover it.  We have a couple of little toy mice made out of felt that the kitties play with.  I was watching TV and noticed both cats facing each other, with the toy mouse between them.  Then I looked again more carefully - it was NOT the toy mouse!  It was this little guy, and he was already dead.  Also felt badly that I had to take the mouse away from the cats, and dispose of it.

3 comments:

Dean said...

Hi Ken-
At least it wasn't dismembered like we find a lot of our lil' critters when they get carried in from the yard! Doves, bunnies, lizards all run the risk if they pass our fence... -Dean

Anonymous said...

Oh poor thing! If he ended up in my house, Murray would probably play with the mouse instead of killing it because he has always been an indoor cat. bsk

Anonymous said...

I think this poor little guy had a heart attack and died that way. He was not chewed up. I imagine that the kitties did want to play with him,... bat him around a little. But he up and died. Kathy