Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cold As Ice


Snow everywhere, and it is pretty cold, so naturally I needed to go out and look for a photograph.  First place I always go is down the street to the water.  What was cool is that the tide was out, and the whole sandbar was covered with ice, which makes for more interesting pictures.  I wandered around for a while shooting the ice patterns, and then, lucky me, a woman came along the edge of the harbor with her dog!  Perfect! I had to wait quite a while because her dog was a long distance from her, but eventually she called him and he came to her, and then passed her, and then I had my picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo, but I prefer the ones from sunny California - not the real weather we are experiencing. :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

that is really cool!! I took some similar shots yesterday at a beach with the tide out.. the sandbar was also covered with ice.. so cool.. the thing that made me stop was the sky was various shades of blue with a turquoise color and I had never noticed that before..
I like the woman and the dog in this shot!!