Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Home Town


Pretty picture, huh?  I have photographed this scene before, in the spring, I think it was.  But it is always pretty spectacular in the winter if the temps have been below freezing - the water droplets freeze after going over the falls.  So here is the embarrassing part:  I was driving through Milford on the way to New London, and I really needed a photo for the blog, and I knew I would be coming back after dark. So I drove here and parked the car.  It took me three minutes or less to do this photo.  That's because when I was in High School, and a member of a camera club, every member of the club did this photo, in one season or another, for the photo contests.  And I did it myself as well.  So I know exactly the right spot, and this is it! Three minutes!  Embarrassing...

6 comments:

Photodude Images said...

Be thankful that they didn't move the "right spot"

Anonymous said...

Looks SO cold but I still love the picture of the waterfall behind Milford City Hall. bsk

Anonymous said...

It's an iconic picture of Milford, and for those of us who don't live in town (or city I guess) anymore, it's always nice to see it. You can't see the detail on the church, but did you know that years ago my dad rebuilt the finials on the steeple? Polly

Bunny said...

Thanks for reminding me what it looked like 34 years ago when I got married there 34 years ago on January 12, 1980. Same cold scene. Love it.

Ken Spencer said...

Polly: I never look at that church, without remembering how your dad made those finials, on a lathe in his basement! It was so cool to be there, as a kid, and see how it was done. Your dad was my role model - the man who could do everything! It is because of him that I have always felt that if something needed doing, I could just get a book, or talk to someone, and learn how to do it. Amazing how many times I think of him.

Anonymous said...

I really like your comments about Mr. Brockett. I also never knew about his making the finials for the church. bsk