Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Upside Down Rocking Horse


How's this for a photograph that you would never have thought of?  I stayed at my sister Joan's last night and she is getting rid of stuff she has collected over the years.  I took a look around before leaving and saw this rocking horse, upside down, in a window in the basement.  The incongruity of it - where it was and the fact that it was upside down and covered with cobwebs struck me immediately.  So I had to go out to the car and get my camera, and record this.  I can't, however, tell you why it makes such a powerful impression on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could have been nice and dusted off the cob webs! This I am keeping as it was made special for Jonathan 39 years ago.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! I was working on this late at night, and so didn't want to call you to get more information about the rocking horse. What a great story, that makes this rocking horse even more interesting! Thanks!