Friday, January 17, 2014

Photographing the Empire State Building





At the photo exhibit yesterday, I saw photographs that Lewis Hine took during the original construction of the Empire State Building.  Mainly he photographed the workers during construction, but it made me want to go over and look at the building, and photograph it.  I walked down to 34th street, and did a few shots from far away, then walked toward the building, photographing all the way.  Finally I was across the street, and shot nearly straight up at it.  What I noticed was that as I got closer the building, it looked smaller, as you can see here.  But it was an interesting exercise.  So then I was walking back to Penn Station and look what I found!  A woman was doing the same thing that I was, using her cell phone!  How cool was that, and there's my blog shot!





2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

It's funny how we were both thinking the same thing at about the same time. http://www.flickr.com/photos/photodudeimages/12004420703/

Photodude Images said...

It's funny how we were both thinking the same thing at about the same time. http://www.flickr.com/photos/photodudeimages/12004420703/