Friday, February 7, 2014

Do You Want Ice With That?


This is the other ice storm photograph that I liked from yesterday.  I like that it is a more complex landscape, with a foreground and middleground and background.  Only thing is, you can't see the ice on the trees unless you click on the image and enlarge it.  Then you can begin to see the ice on the branches. I do like the overall gray feeling to it, but it is not a really "graphic" composition - which to me means some powerful graphic shape or element that stands out.  Without the dark shapes in the foreground, I don't think there would be a photograph at all. Just maybe this picture is better than I first thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the depth and shapes and contrasts in this picture...there is something serene about it too..

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for your comment. It is nice to know that you find it interesting, and serene.