Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Waiting For a Table


We went to the city late this afternoon and went to this famous pizza restaurant, before seeing a dramatic play.  The restaurant was pretty crowded, and we had a long wait.  Imagine my surprise to see this young girl and her sister sitting on the floor, of all places, playing with some kind of electronic game devices.  Yikes!  I mean, it was the floor of a restaurant.  Eccccch.  Although I guess kids being kids, they will be just fine.  But it did creep me out just a bit.

3 comments:

Photodude Images said...

If it has an "A" in the window from the last health inspection it's ok for kids to sit on the floor. Furthermore, the 5 second rule would be stretched to 10 seconds.

Anonymous said...

Looks like they are sitting on their coats. Hope Mom washes them when she gets home.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Joan, you are right - they ARE sitting on coats. I went back and looked carefully. And, yechhhhhh... You would hope that the coats got washed. And Dude, there is no such thing as the 5 second rule - I thought it was true, but read that it, in fact, is not true. What a disappointment... I used to follow people around in Manhattan, and pick up food they dropped and eat it. But not any more... :-)