Monday, February 17, 2014

More Sunshine!


I am continuing my boycott of shooting snow around here!  This is another shot from California, from a while back.  It is Amy and Gus and their bikes taken on the beach in Venice.  Here's the fun thing about this shot, in addition to it having a sunny feeling - I was using a long telephoto lens, and was a long way back from them.  And I needed to tell them where I wanted them to be, and what they should be doing.  So I called Amy on her cell phone, and from a distance could ask them to move to different places on the beach, and create different compositions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is much better than looking at snow :-) And I love that it's Amy & Gus in the distance! It is snowing as I write this - expecting another 5". Crazy New England weather...bsk

Anonymous said...

Looking for that oasis in the desert I see :-) A classic !!

Fred Krellenstein said...

love this photo,ken..I am so tired of looking at snow and this felt like a breath of warm, fresh air!
Best,
Fred

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Fred: It really is interesting, it did brighten my mood considerably to go looking for sunny pictures instead of snow.