Monday, February 3, 2014

It Snows, I Go To the Tree


I hate to bore you with my tree, but when it snows, and particularly when the snow is like frosting, the first thing I go to is "the" tree.  I photographed it from different angles, and chose this angle because the tree looks the most amazing. Be sure and click on this to see it in more detail. I wandered around some looking for other photographs, but nothing was quite as beautiful as this. The snow was heavy enough, by the way, that the bottom branches were as low as three feet to the ground!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This tree is never a bore.. The heavier snow is a bear to shovel but it is so very pretty on the trees and landscape!

Anonymous said...

I agree with 1st comment. It is beautiful, but not fun to shovel!
Joan

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I've been to this blog site and here, again, like an old friend, is "the" tree. Such a wonderful specimen that has delighted for so many seasons. Love to see pictures of it any time of year; its shape is so lovely.

The snow, as much of a pain that it is, did make a beautiful wonderland on my way to work today. Almost didn't mind the washboard roads that could've used more plowing. The awesome landscape made by the clinging snow on even the most delicate branches took my mind away from the bumpy ride. Those who were in a rush probably missed it.

Ken Spencer said...

Wow, thank you all for your comments. So nice that the tree is an "old friend" to others as well as to me. I promise to keep photographing it.

Anonymous said...

Your photos of your Japanese Maple could never be boring. "Frosting" is a good description of the snow stuck to the branches :-) bsk

Anonymous said...

How lovely is that?! It might possibly make all the snow well worth this visual gift.... or ...maybe not! Your photo shines that light on it for sure.