Wednesday, February 19, 2014

High Speed Run


I was driving home from my astronomy club meeting and I still didn't have a blog shot for the day.  Oh no, what can I do?  Well, there is always shooting out the windshield while driving along.  This is not dangerous, because I do it a lot...   :-)   I mean, I only did it because I was desperate.  I did a couple of quick test shots, and liked what I saw.  The sky was visible above the trees, and I liked that it was slightly reddish in color to distinguish it from the dark tree silhouettes.  I really do like the feeling of speed in the photograph, because of the blur.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very cool shot!! What did you use to take it??

Ken Spencer said...

SONY Rx 100, used on "Program" mode. ISO 1600. I was driving at about 35 MPH, even though the blur makes it look faster. I just checked Aperture metadata and it says 1/3 second at f/1.8

ken schwarz said...

Of all your "shooting while driving" photos taken to date - this is my favorite! The only thing missing is a deer jumping across the road from a snowbank - that really would have been a cool shot!

Photodude Images said...

So not only are you shooting out the window while driving, but now we have you doing 35 in a 30.

Ken Spencer said...

Excuse me, but it was 35 in a 40 MPH zone... :-)