Saturday, February 22, 2014

Kitchen Experiment


About once a week for the last million years I would cook a piece of salmon on the grill, and then eat it with a mustard and dill sauce I make.  At the local market I have seen in the prepared food section some "Mediterranean Salmon" for sale.  It's a filet with a few herbs on it. I thought "I could do better than that."  So I went to the Internets and found a recipe, and modified it just a bit.  So you are looking at my first try: salmon with tomatoes, capers, garlic, and Kalamata olives in olive oil.  It was stunning!  It was so good, that I made it again the next night, and added some basil flakes.  This is about as complicated a recipe as I do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious.
Joan

Anonymous said...

OH that sounds AMAZING!!! I will be looking up that recipe!

Anonymous said...

Ah! I can smell the aromas now! I've been cooking a tapenade blend of black and green olives, capers, olives and tomatoes to pair with cod or haddock for several years. One of my favorites... We will have to swap recipes. bsk3910 4886829

Ken Spencer said...

Betsey! Tapenade! Why didn't I think of that! I love both black and green olives! That would be perfect! I will let you know how it works out. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Would either of you be willing to share a favorite recipe? :)

Anonymous said...

Ken, that looks MUCH more delicious than the grilled chicken you've served (just kidding). Can't wait to visit the Spencers!
Stan

Peter ( Skipper) Brockett said...

Sounds very tasty, even Mona would possibly approve. Skip