Sunday, February 9, 2014

Forlorn...


I looked up the word "forlorn" to make sure I was using the correct term for how I felt about how this building looks these days.  Here is the definition: "pitifully sad and abandoned or lonely."  That's how this building feels for me now.  First they blocked off the windows while they did asbestos removal, and now that it's done, they are cutting out the window frames.  They don't make buildings like this anymore- it was built about 1915, and is architecturally interesting.  It is slowly being demolished, and of course I will record that.  That's what I do sometimes - I try to save history.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the fact that you are documenting the dismantling of this plant. Preserving history! I like this picture of the front - looks different from all other views you have done until now. bsk

Anonymous said...

It is sad that these buildings have to be destroyed.. I used to work at an old power plant.. such a beautiful structure and the history was fascinating!!

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for your posts. I just WISH I could have gotten into this plant when it was either in use, or after it was first shut down. I would have loved to have seen the burners and the turbines...