Thursday, November 26, 2015

Addicted to Sepia


When I came out of the Eastman House Museum yesterday it was quite dark but the light was interesting.  So I set the ISO of the camera (the "film speed") to 3200, which makes the camera so much more sensitive.  Normally it is set at 100 or 400.  In any case it allowed me to shoot this photograph of the pergola behind the museum in the near dark.  This is a lovely architectural piece, and I have photographed it a number of times before.  So after I shot it, and got home, I started messing with converting it to black & white, and then I started changing the color balance to make it sepia,similar to all the other Alvin Langdon Coburn images I had spent time with in the galleries.  Oh, by the way, I didn't photograph today - all I did was eat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the long curved shape of the pergola. bsk