Thursday, November 5, 2015

The End of Painting


This is the Hickory tree in our front yard.  It is green all year long, and then late in the Fall season it suddenly turns bright, brilliant yellow.  And I have learned over all the years I have painted the house, once the Hickory turns yellow, the temperatures will never get higher than fifty degrees, which means that I can no longer paint.  Fortunately, I just finished painting the new addition yesterday, and I am done!  Just as the tree tells me I am done.  What a joy it is to see this brilliant tree against a clear blue sky!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing the painting before winter settles in. The tree is magnificent!
Joan

Anonymous said...

You must be ecstatic that you are finished painting the addition! Happy dance! It is 70 degrees here today :-) The tree looks gorgeous. bsk