Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Camera Wears a Tie


Today I visited a school for the third year in a row, as part of Project Astro, where I work with a science teacher and teach a couple of classes having to do with astronomy.  I have put together a talk about the different kinds of telescopes, and how they work.  I bring lenses and telescope mirrors, and shaving mirrors and a bunch of different kinds of telescopes, and, just for fun, an old 4x5 Speed Graphic camera.  The camera is interesting because when you look through the back of it, you can see what the lens sees, and you also see that the image is upside down.  All lenses make images that are upside down, by the way, which is fun for the children to see.  I love this photograph, because it looks as if the camera is the one wearing the tie!

No comments: